I was set one of those blog challenges by the lovely Suzan, of https://magicalbooklush.blog/
I got it wrong of course, and left my answers on her blog, instead of creating a post, and asking others to join in. At least that gave her a good laugh!
And she thought I was German, which gave me a laugh in return. 🙂
So here is that challenge, as it should have appeared. I won’t nominate anyone, as I don’t do challenges on here. But if you want to play along, feel free to do so.
1. Hot Chocolate — what is your comfort book? ☕
My comfort book would probably be The Catcher in The Rye, by J.D. Salinger. It is so easy to identify with the problems of Holden Caulfield, tackling his difficult teenage years.
2. Pumpkin Carving– what is your favorite creative outlet? 🎃
Obviously blogging, because it allows me to write fiction, and try new ideas. But outside the house, I also enjoy photography.
3. Falling leaves– changes that appear bad but you secretly love? 🍁
Growing old. There is not much fun about becoming old. But it also allows a lot of freedoms. Freedom from social pressures, not caring so much what you wear, or what others think of you. And the freedom to state your opinions about things without worrying too much about upsetting people. It also stops you worrying about the future, because you don’t have one. 🙂
4. Pumpkin Spiced Latte– something you love that others tend to judge? 🍹
I don’t really get judged by anyone that much now. But some people don’t like my favourite films and TV programmes, which are mostly in foreign languages, with subtitles.
5. Bonfire Night– what makes you explode with joy? 🎆
My dog, Ollie. He is a constant delight, and his devotion to me is incredible to behold.
6. Friday Night– favorite scary book or film?💗
It would probably be a scary film, but I am not easily scared. This film scared me though. https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0178868/
7. Halloween candy– favourite thing to eat? 🍭
Italian Food. Pasta, chicken and ham, cheese sauce, topped with Parmesan. Served with garlic flatbread.
8. Scarves– your autumn must-have accessory?🧣
Rubber and Neoprene Wellington Boots, with a warm lining. A must-have for walking Ollie in the rain and mud.
9. Fire– a book or film that burns your soul? 💥
That would be a film. A Russian film about Partisans fighting the Germans, in WW2. Haunting, surreal, and unforgettable. https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0091251/
10. Toffee apples– a book or film that seems one thing but has a different inside?🍡
American Psycho, by Bret Easton Ellis. On the surface, it is a story about a deranged serial killer. But it is really a scathing indictment of the shallow lifestyle of the rich and vacuous people in modern-day American society.
I think I got it right this time!